Follow my blog with Bloglovin KatmandewFBA 365: Day 10 - TAG your it!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10 - TAG your it!

Well it is day 10 and here is my video! See below the video for more!



So I was watching YouTube last night and one of the user I subscribe to, DaCheller, posted a great video, which you can check out HERE! Her idea was to do a TAG video where she tags you and answers 10 questions, then since you are tagged, you respond with a video answering the same 10 questions, and keep the tagging going! Since I am not a female and don't use regular cosmetics that much, I needed to revamp the questions for Face & Body art. So here are the 10 questions modified to Face & Body art:


1. How old were you when you started wearing Face Paint?
2. How did you get into Face Painting?
3. What are some of your favorite brands?
4. What does Face Painting mean to you?
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
6. What is your favorite thing about Face Painting?
7. What do you think about retail Face Paints vs Professional Face Paints?
8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
9. What is one makeup/Face or Body Painting trend you never understood?
10. What do you think about the beauty/Face Painting community on YouTube?

Now that you have the questions, post a video response to mine! Let's see how many people we can TAG!

I did mention my business partner, Aline Backes, and you can see here website by clicking her banner below.



Also, I have just received my package from DiamondFX and will be trying them out today and will make a tutorial using them tomorrow. Here is a picture of what they sent me:


So to end this blog, I just ask that you please follow me and subscribe to this feed. And if you could pass it along and share with your friends. The more that follow, the better the blog will be.

Also any question, request or suggestions can be posted in the comments, emailed to katmandewfba@gmx.com, my facebook, Myspace, Twitter or YouTube pages, or you can call me at 865-385-2068 anytime except after Midnight EST

This is a TAG submitted to my email by Shannon Randolph, because she did not have a video camera and it was too long to put in a comment box. These are her words exactly and I left her signature at the bottom:


I can't do a video- because I have an old camera--- but if you are interested- here is my reply to the game.  Oh, and I think that's the video that you are supposed to have a secret video attached to- but I can't find it.  It was a more recent video with you in the snow in an orange hat... but I didn't see anything to click on for a secret video... oh well.  I did try though!  :)

Questions:


1. How old were you when you started wearing Face Paint?
I was about 10 or so…?  The first time I ever remember getting face painted was at Pizza Hut on kids night.  I was nervous to go up to her- but so interested.  It was probably acrylic paint though- it kinda itched & cracked so it turned me off.  Then for Halloween, I have had the store-brand face paint- I have greasy skin so it either broke me out, itched, or cracked.  It was horrible!


2. How did you get into Face Painting?
I did my makeup as a witch for Halloween one year using the greasy store brand stuff.  I did a good job but hated the way it felt.  Some people said I should start doing face painting but I laughed it off.  My Mom is a photographer, & wanted to do some theatrical makeup for a shoot- so I played around with makeup (I’ve always been encouraged to do so) and it turned out great.  I did some face painting designs with eyeshadow for about 10 people that year… again I was told that I should be a face painter & again I laughed it off (I don’t have the best confidence).  I did a few more photo shoots for my Mom though.  The next year, my niece wanted a face painter at her bday party & we didn’t have the money to hire one- so I got 2 Snazaroo small paint sets & went to town practicing every day for 2 months- just to get the basics.  I fell in love!  I constantly hinted to my friends/family that I wanted to get a professional kit- but they were so expensive!  Well, I got an unexpected check in the mail and bought a palette from sillyfarm & have been ordering ever since!  I love it!  I started off doing just volunteer stuff- but not I’m a full on face painter!  It’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.  And, even though I’m still relatively new at this & haven’t made enough yet to make a good living, I don’t think I will ever hold a regular job again.  I would rather live in a shack & be a face painter than to give this up.


3. What are some of your favorite brands?
My favorite brands are: Wolfe, DFX, & TAG


4. What does Face Painting mean to you?
Oh, it means the world!  I have finally found something that I am proud of!  I have found something that I can do that makes other people happy!  It keeps my anxiety/stress/depression low and makes me feel good about myself.  I love seeing kids’ face light up when they see that there is face painting wherever they are.  I love that they beg their parents to let them get painted.  I love that look on their face when they finally see themselves.  I love that most of them HAVE to cheat & peek at themselves in the mirror before I’m done.  I love the oohs & ahhs I get when I paint myself & others.  I love that when I wear face paint there is finally something positive that people can say about the way I look--- rather than just hearing comments about my size.  I love that I am now known as the creative one.  I love that I can honestly say that I have a job that I love to do!  Who else with a regular 9-5 job comes home & talks about how much they love to work, and then they continue to do more work just because it makes them so happy?  Only a face painter!  Lol  I love that I finally have an excuse to wear glitter all the time (not that I ever cared).  I love that I am finally happy- truly happy with my life… and I owe it all to face painting.


5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Well, this doesn’t specify that it has to be face paint- so I will say: mineral foundation, liquid or gel black eyeliner, mascara, & chapstick (yummy flavored)… If I wear makeup- that’s what it usually is… well, eyeshadow too- but I CAN go without that if needed.


6. What is your favorite thing about Face Painting?
Wow!  Favorite???  That’s a hard one!  Ummmm- it would have to be the way the kids look at themselves in the mirror when they are done being painted…. No matter what that kid thought of the way they looked before- they love the way they look afterwards.  As you can probably guess- I’ve always had some issues with the way I look & as someone who has those problems, I can see that trait in some kids too- usually the heavier ones & around 8 yrs old is when I see them starting.  I love that they love the way they look afterwards- I love that I can give them that happiness.  I hope that maybe- just maybe they will keep hold of that feeling & run with it.  I hope that maybe I inspire some of them to continue doing something that makes themselves feel good about their images.  I wish I had someone do that for me when I was a kid.


7. What do you think about retail Face Paints vs Professional Face Paints?
OMG!  Retail face paints are a disgrace!  They are greasy & melt.  They are hard to apply & are not vivid.  They drip and get gooey.  Some of them crack & make you itch.  They break my skin out.  They are horrible and they give “face paint” a bad image.  Professional face paints are amazing!  You don’t even know you are wearing them.  They don’t crack.  They don’t itch.  They stay put throughout the entire day (as long as you don’t sweat or get wet).  They are so wonderful!


8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner? 
Practice practice practice!  Network with people.  Watch youtube.  Talk to other face painters about the paint/brushes/sponges they use- it will save you a lot of money by avoiding the crappy ones (especially paint).  Have fun!


9. What is one makeup/Face or Body Painting trend you never understood?
I don’t really pay attention to makeup trends.  If I see a color I like- I get it & use it.  I experiment a lot.  I play with colors/techniques all the time.  As far as face painting trends: I guess I haven’t been around enough to know what is just a trend.  I can’t see that I would have a problem with any of them though.  I love art & expression.  I love that what is amazing to one person is horrible to another… and vice versa.   I can’t wait to start doing full body paintings- but I can’t comment on those trends either (since I’ve never done one).


10. What do you think about the beauty/Face Painting community on YouTube?
Oh, I think it’s amazing!!!  What a great web of information, support, and help there is out there!  I would be nothing without youtube!  lol

Fun Faces & Fine Art
Face Painting & Canvas Paintings by Shay
772-672-2727
  • Commissioned Paintings
  • Birthdays
  • Reunions
  • Holidays
  • Block Parties
  • Community Events
  • Family Nights
  • Bridal/Baby Showers
  • BBQ's
  • Bar/Club Events
  • Grand Openings
  • Corporate Events
  • Day Care/Camps
  • Body Painting
  • Pregnant Belly Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment