Follow my blog with Bloglovin KatmandewFBA 365: Day 132-133 - Strange Weather & Power Outages!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 132-133 - Strange Weather & Power Outages!

Okay, first things first! We got home and found the power out. A transformer was blown just down the street from us. It didn't take long to get fixed & I am glad Blogger has finished it's maintenance.

Yesterday, I went to the Sunoco station at exit 7 in  Bristol, VA and setup to do face painting to help raise funds for the town of Glade Springs that was destroyed by a F3 tornado. We had a few people show up to get painted, but most of them were employees. The rest of the donations came from a lot of people with very large hearts.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who gave to help a community that FEMA denied.

Today, we setup at Trail Days in Damascus, VA. It was a little slow for the start, but tomorrow promises to be a better day, as that is what happened last year. I met 2 face painters that were there just for the festivities, Ray and Nancye. I also took some video of the event that I will post in Wednesdays video blog.

If you are in the area or just looking for something to do, come on out to Damascus and enjoy Trail Days. To find out more about it, visit this link: http://www.traildays.us/

Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment