Follow my blog with Bloglovin KatmandewFBA 365: Day 168 - SHUT UP & PAINT!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 168 - SHUT UP & PAINT!


Okay, this all started when I was sent a Facebook message concerning another individual using photos of work that is not theirs. Before actually researching who this person was, I jumped the gun and made it my mission to stop them like I did with A-Amusement Performers. I stuck my nose where it did not belong. I wrote an email to this person threatening him with lawsuits if he did not remove the photos. I also contacted all those who's photos were used through a Facebook message. I got one really good reply back and here is that conversation"

Nick Wolfe: Do me a favor and don't do me any favors! I put my pictures up to share. Not to be an" indian giver". I hear this way of thinking all the time and let me tell you Daniel, it will get you nowhere. The sun gives and never expects the Earth to thank it. Align yourself with the universe and be like the sun!If you give and expect,you open yourself up for dissappointment. The pictures are not the art. The art has been washed off. You never win a lawsuit over Facebook copyright. You may just look like a whiny bitch. Shut up and paint!


Love, Nick :)

Me: Thanks Nick! I will take your advice! I just don't like others taking credit for another's work.

Nick Wolfe: Ps . If you knew anything about face painting lawsuits, you would know how silly that letter is.

Me: I would not really do a lawsuit anyways. I just use it as a scare tactic since everyone is afraid of them. Thanks for being so upfront and honest, I appreciate it. I will bother you no longer with these matters.

Nick Wolfe: Thanks for understanding! I am passing along my13 years of facepainting wisdom to you. I've never seen harm done by someone who uses other people's work (except to the artist's ego) and I've never heard of ANYTHING good come from a dispute. Facepaint = Good. Complaining = Bad. I am actually a little jealous when someone else's art is "stolen" and not mine! Have they SEEN my work??? :P I would never steer you wrong and at the risk of sounding arrogant,I have one of the best reputations in the industry.

Me: I love what you are saying and I hope this is a flattering question, can I use what you said in tomorrows blog. I think you are the most intelligent artist out of us all when it comes to disputes and how to deal with them. I am going to take what I learned today and pass it along for others to learn from too. Thank you again. Oh and I guess my work is not that great as I am fighting for everyone else, but none of my photos are being used. I need to step back and away from this. I have done enough, it is up to everyone else to do what they will from this point forward.

Nick Wolfe: Of coarse you can quote me and don't give me credit. I usually try to let go and leave everyone be but I know you are out there. You are just like a press microphone and I would love to see more leaders emerge form this business. When the people everyone looks up to fall short, I get disappointed. I suppose I wouldn't be me without them being them but we are all one and I want us to be the best we can be!

Nick even sent me a copy of the Article he wrote for Illusions Magazine #14, which is out right now, and it has some really enlightening points. A must read for every face & body painter.

But because of this conversation, I had to go back and research this individual and find out more about them. I found out he was at FABAIC and also was in the Body Painting Competition. His piece was the female tiger with the red armor. It was my favorite of the night (I don't know why) I wrote him a Facebook message apologizing for my email, but that he should still take down the images that are not his. I had a conversation with him last night and he was very concerned that he offended people and wanted to make it right. He is fixing this problem as we speak and he wants everyone to know it was not his intention to claim the photos as his own, he just wanted to show them off. If you want to check out his work learn more about this wonderful artist, click on this link http://www.facebook.com/alex.airbrush

OH and if you would like to order the issues of Illusions Magazine that Nick & Brian Wolfe have their articles, just click on the images below.

 Issue #13 - Brian's Article

Issue #14 - Nick's Article

If you would like a yearly subscription to this magazine, just click the image below.


You can also goto to www.illusionsmagazine.co.uk to find the latest and great information about our face & body painting community along with contests.

Until tomorrow, HAPPY PAINTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment